Residents within the RM of Snipe Lake are required by bylaw to obtain a building, moving or demolition permit for projects as defined by Provincial and Federal Legislation. Buildings defined as "farm Buildings” are exempt (this excludes one and two unit dwellings)
The RM of Snipe Lake’s Residential Building Inspector is Bob Hubbard of B & D Contract Service. Please contact him with regard to all residential projects at 306-672-7543 or
The R.M. of Snipe Lake’s Commercial Building Inspector is Dan Knutson. Please contact him with regard to all commercial projects at 306-773-8814, 306-741-7844 or
All Permits can be purchased at the RM of Snipe Lake office. Permits must by approved by both R.M of Snipe Lake Council and the Building Inspector prior to any work commencing.
A building permit application can be picked up at the RM office or can be downloaded HERE
Supporting documentation is required for all building projects. A check list of what is required for your particular project can be found below or at our office. Most permits require a minimum of a site plan and floor plan including dimensions and material types.
Requirements and Worksheets
1. Permit application is received, Form A, along with supporting documentation.
2. The permit application is presented to RM Council for approval
3. The permit application along with the supporting documents is sent to Building Inspector for review and approval.
4. Once the application is approved, the RM office issues an invoice for the required permit fees.
5. Once the invoice is paid by the owner, the RM office issues the Building Permit and the project can commence.
Turn around time for applications is dependent on all required information being received and the schedule of council meetings, but typically takes an average of two – three weeks.
Omissions or missing information may cause delays in the processing of a permit application.
Construction may NOT commence prior to issuance of permit.