Update - February 21, 2023 - The position of Foreman has been filled with Mr. Brett Beckstrand being the successful candidate. Thank you to all who applied. Thank you to Bob McCloskey for his years of service and dedication. Bob will be retiring at the end of August, 2023 and we wish him all the best.
Advertisement – Foreman – RM of Snipe Lake #259
The RM of Snipe Lake is a progressive municipality located in West Central Saskatchewan, with operations located in Eston, Saskatchewan. The RM has a population of approximately 410, while the Town has a population of 1073. The cooperation of the RM and Town has allowed for many first-rate recreational facilities and the community is proud to support many local businesses including a new Co-op Food Store and Gas Bar, as well as K to 12 Education, Public Library etc. The RM offers a very attractive salary package including health, disability and life insurance, dental and vision (salary range $80,000 to $100,000).
Due to the forthcoming resignation of our current foreman, (August 31, 2023) The RM is seeking an interested individual who would work with the foreman for approximately 7 months and then assume the role. The position reports to the Administrator. The starting date could be as early as March 1, 2023.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Employee management, scheduling workloads to maximize productivity and efficiency, overseeing quality and effectiveness of work.
- Leading a staff of up to 20 (seasonal and year round) employees through positive example; taking steps to encourage a positive work environment.
- Promoting and participating in workplace safety with a goal to working with, seeking new and establishing best practices.
- Ensuring the co-ordination of day to day responsibilities and project events for the municipality.
- Managing and providing training needs, performance evaluations and guidance sessions.
- Working with Administrative staff in asset management rating roads and assets.
- Providing input and feedback to the Council on capital purchases, road projects.
- Record keeping .
The candidate is required to:
- Possess a valid class 5 drivers license (Class 1A would be an asset)
- Have knowledge of and the ability to operate and train employees on road graders, scrapers, tractors, semi-trucks and other light, medium and heavy equipment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
The ideal candidate will possess
- Mechanical skills (heavy duty mechanic would be an asset)
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects especially during the construction season.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Have or obtain necessary safety courses such as Ground Disturbance, Confined Space etc.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume prior to 5 pm on January 31, 2023 by mail to RM of Snipe Lake, Box 786, Eston, SK S0L 1A0; by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, by fax to 306-962-4330
The resume should include
· Past and present work experience with an emphasis to municipal roadwork and construction
· Education and related skills
· Current drivers abstract
· Three references 1 character 2 work related
· Salary expectations
We appreciate all interest, only people called for an interview will be notified. A current criminal record check will be required from those called for an interview.